All Otay Water District customers must now reduce water use by 20 percent based on their 2013 usage. Mandatory conservation begins June 1, 2015. As a result of state action, the following practices are now prohibited:
- Irrigating more than 2 days per week or irrigation that results in runoff
- Irrigation during a rainstorm and for 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- Using a hose to wash a motor vehicle, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle
- Irrigation with potable water of ornamental turf on public street medians
- Washing down driveways, patios and sidewalks (health and safety reasons excepted)
- In the Otay Water District’s service area, there are no watering schedules based on even or odd-numbered addresses. Customers must irrigate before 10:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. to reduce water loss due to evaporation.
- For more information: http://www.otaywater.gov