You Are Not Alone (YANA)
You Are Not Alone, commonly called YANA, is designed as an outreach program for disabled or senior citizens who live alone.
Members of the Senior Volunteer Patrol Program check on the welfare of YANA participants with person phone calls or visits at their home on a regular basis. This service is provided free of charge for residents who live in Chula Vista and Bonita.
Please contact the Senior Volunteer Patrol Unit to sign up for the You Are Not Alone program. (619) 476-2417
The Senior Volunteer Patrol Unit of the Chula Vista Police Department offers residents the opportunity to have their home checked when they are away on vacation. There is no fee for this service and the resident can utilize the service for up to 90 days.
The following criteria must be met:
- The home must be in Chula Vista or Bonita.
- The home must currently be lived in. Homes that are vacant, undergoing construction or renovation, or are empty do not qualify.
- The home can’t be occupied during the vacation checks by a relative or someone house sitting.
- Information must be provided regarding authorized visitors going to the home for purposes of feeding pets, watering plants, etc.
- A password will be established between the vacationer(s) and the Senior Volunteer Patrol.
- Emergency contact information must be provided for the vacationing family and for someone local in case of an emergency.
Please call the Senior Volunteer Patrol Unit to schedule a vacation check. (619) 476-2417